1. Broccoli. This cruciferous vegetable is known for being high in antioxidants (Vitamin C and beta-carotene). The dark green veggie can be enjoyed in either its raw form or cooked. If cooking, steaming offers the lowest calorie version, while retaining the nutrient value.
2. Apples. When eaten in their raw form, apples are a powerhouse of nutrients. They are high in fiber - which helps with weight regulation - usually a concern for women.
3. Cantaloupe. This healthy food for women packs in a variety of nutrients, the strongest being Vitamin C and beta carotene. These antioxidants are known to help protect cells from cancer. A half cantaloupe contains twice the potassium of one medium banana.
4. Cranberries. This red-colored fruit is known to keep the urinary tract healthy and is high in the antioxidants such as Vitamin C.
5. Blueberries. Blueberries are healthy power foods for women due to their high antioxidant levels of Vitamin C. In turn, this helps reduce the chance of cancers of different sorts.
6. Fish. Known for being heart healthy, fish is also a healthy power food since it is low in calories, fat, and cholesterol. The high content of omega-3 fatty acids helps reduce cancer risks. Plus, it is high in protein, Vitamins B & D, and selenium (helps with hair loss).
7. Soy foods. Soy foods are known for packing in natural estrogen, which helps with menopause.
8. Garlic. This healthy food for women contains agents that fight against colds, infections, and carcinogens.
9. Lentils. They are high in protein and isoflavones (which help reduce cancer risks).
10. Yogurt. This healthy food for women will keep your intestinal tract healthy. Plus, it is high in calcium to help your skeletal system. Even if one is lactose intolerant, yogurt can be eaten safely.
Heres to your great health!!